The Erasmus+ iCulture project
The eTwinning project "iCulture" is a part of KA229 Eramus + project which aims to promote our diverse cultural heritage, especially in the field of theatre, throughout Europe, and in the implementation of digital media and online tools in teaching and learning through performing arts with the partnership of 5 countries Poland, Norway, Portugal, Italy and France.
Our project participants learn about national culture and international cultural heritage, and use information and communication technologies to develop products. They collaborate on topics such as writing screenplays, staging plays, creating masks and costumes, filming and live broadcasts, creating film trailers about moral values and tolerance.
Students who participate in professional and international classes (LTA), such as workshops, expert lectures, interactive games, festivals, bring acquired knowledge and competences to their school communities and act as trainers for peers and younger students from other educational institutions.
Through the Professional Development element, engaged teachers gain a wealth of ideas for using drama techniques and implementing digital media and online tools to create and edit products.
We believe that international cooperation on projects increases the value of their specific results and gives participants new opportunities to share and compare knowledge and skills with peers with whom they are usually unable to communicate.
Our main goals are:
- Introduction of national cultural heritage through theatrical art;
- Involvement of the youth in drama activities, development of their aesthetic sense;
- Effective integration of digital technologies in teaching through drama;
- The introduction of eSafety and digital literacy, the inclusion of meaningful messages in digital design products;
- Developing participants' soft skills through the use of theatre and ICT;
- Professional development of employees;
- Exchange of materials, support for young teachers, especially those who have no experience in international cooperation and project management.
During training and national activities and events, all the participants, pupils and teachers will learn together and from one anorther. During the project and during meetings they will have the opportunity to participate in workshops, learn from local specialists and use their competences and skills.